Whether you’re gearing up for your first gig, or just looking to improve your setup, a good pair of DJ Headphones will go a long way. Sure, you can use any old pair of headphones or earphones with your setup; but a good pair of DJ headphones will help you take your set to the next level. DJ headphones feature much better bass response, clarity and noise isolation, allowing you to zero in on your mix and cue up your next track with ease, even when you’re performing in a noisy and crowded club. Additionally, most DJ Headphones will provide you with a superior level of comfort, making them perfect for hours of long listening sessions.
Constantly using consumer-grade headphones can not only lead to discomfort but even hearing loss. As you’ll find you’re constantly turning up the volume to compensate for the lack of clarity and frequency response in your ear. At DJ City, we stock a wide range of DJ Headphones, ranging from entry-level to professional. In this article, we’ll go through a few of the best DJ Headphones of 2020. So whether you’re buying your first pair of DJ Headphones or just looking for an upgrade, you can’t go wrong with any of the headphones listed below.
The Best DJ Headphones of 2020
- Pioneer DJ HDJ-X10
- Sennheiser HD25
- V Moda Crossfade 100
- AIAIAI Wireless 1
- Audio Technica ATHM50x
- Behringer HPX6000 – Bang for buck
Pioneer DJ HDJ-X10
The Pioneer DJ HDJ-X10 headphones have been built in collaboration with professional DJs. Designed to serve every application whether you’re DJing at festivals, clubs, or smaller parties. On top of that, the HDJ-X10’s are the world’s first DJ headphones to produce high-resolution sound, ranging from 5hz to 40khHz. Allowing you to hear sounds and frequencies that even other high-grade DJ headphones can’t reproduce. Making it even easier to hear every sound in your mix and cue up the next track perfectly.
Not only do a pair of HDJ-X10’s sound great, but they also deliver unmatched comfort thanks to the polyurethane leather earpads, headband cushion and swivel mechanism. While the additional nano-coating mean they’re resistant to deterioration. Allowing you to easily wipe off sweat and dirt after long sessions of listening. Above all, they even cleared the US Military standard shock-test, meaning you don’t have to worry about knocks during transport and heavy-use. The only downside of these headphones is their bulky size; a feature loved by many but a possible deal-breaker if you’re looking for something smaller and more compact.
Overall, these headphones not only sound great but are comfortable and built to last!
- New flagship Pro DJ headphones designed for demanding environments
- Amazing frequency range from 5Hz to 40kHz
- Large 50mm dome type driver
- Stronger than ever design – Passes US military standard shock testing
- Lightweight and comfortable design with new nano coating
- Supplied with straight & coiled cables, and robust carry case
Originally releaded in 1988, the Sennheiser HD25’s have remained the industry standard in DJ Headphones for many years. Featuring a superior rugged design as well as sound quality that’s unmatched. With the advantage of fully replaceable components, meaning you may never need another set of headphones again! The one downside of these DJ headphones is that the padding isn’t quite as comfortable as others in the list. Overall, a highly recommended pair of headphones for professional DJs looking to get the best performance out of their cans.
- High sensitivity due to lightweight aluminium voice coils
- Capable of handling very high sound pressure levels
- Great sound isolation reduces unwanted background noise
- Clear and precise sound quality with deep bass response
- Very lightweight and comfortable, even if used for long periods of time
- Tough, detachable, single-sided cable
- Rotatable capsule for single-ear listening (referencing)
- Modular components for easy customisation or replacement
V Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones
Another fantastic option when it comes to DJ Headphones is the V-Moda Crossfade M-100. Designed in collaboration with V-Moda along with a number of producers and DJ’s. Powered by 50mm dual-diaphragm drivers ensuring consistency in performance. Built with a steel frame and headband, the Crossfade M-100 is made for heavy use. Plus, the memory-foam earpads provide you with a comfortable fit, as well as noise-isolation. So you can perform long DJ sets in extreme comfort while hearing everything you need in order to cue up the next track perfectly. Additionally, you can mix two sources simultaneously by connecting individual sources to the inputs on both earcups. Perfect for DJ’s.
Included with your Crossfade M-100’s is a Share Play Cable. Allowing you to plug an additional set of headphones to the same audio source without the need for an adapter. This comes especially in handy if you’re DJing in a duo where you both need to hear whats happening in the mix.
- 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Driver
- Steel Frame & Headband for Durability
- Interchangeable Optional Metal Shields
- Memory Foam Earpads
- Passive Noise-Isolation
- Share Music with SharePlay Cable
- Cable with In-line Smartphone Mic
- Supports Dual Inputs for Monitoring Multiple Sources
- Included Exoskeleton Carry Case
AIAIAI Wireless 1 DJ Headphones
The AIAIAI Wireless 1 DJ headphone is a wireless set of cans modeled off the popular TMA-2DJ headphones. Featuring a titanium coated S02 speaker unit powered by large 40mm drivers. Delivering a punchy and intense sound representation focusing on bass and low-end dynamics. While BlueTooth technology built into the headband, combined with the leather earpads, result in a powerful headphone with high isolation. Ideal for electronic and bass-heavy music.
You’ll also enjoy 16 hours of playback time at only two hours to fully charge. Therefore, perfect for DJ’s looking for great sound in wireless format, as well as general music lovers.
- 100% wireless headphones with Bluetooth receiver
- Stylish, modern design
- Modular design – easy to upgrade and swap out parts
- Large 40mm drivers for optimal bass response
- Optimized for live performance and electronic/bass-heavy music.
Audio Technica ATH M50x
Although primarily intended for audio engineers and monitoring, the Audio Technica ATH M50x is also often favoured by DJ’s due to its accurate and crisp audio reproduction. Making them a great all-rounder pair of headphones especially if you’ll be alternating between the studio and the DJ booth. Powered by 45mm large-aperture drivers, you can ensure a pure listening experience. While the velvet ear pads deliver outstanding comfort. So they’re perfect for long listening sessions either in the studio or the DJ booth.
Additionally, the contoured earcups seal tight to provide excellent sound isolation with minimal bleed. Although a lightweight unit, they’re also quite bulky. Which is something to consider if you’re looking for a smaller, more compact set of headphones. Overall, there’s a reason everyone loves the Audio Technica ATH M50X!
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminium wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Collapsible for space-saving portability
- Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m – 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)
- Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring and personal listening
Behringer HPX6000 DJ Headphones
The Behringer HPX6000 is a great bang for buck option. Perfect if you’re an entry-level club or mobile DJ, or, if you’re simply looking for a cheaper option that’s not going to break the bank. Offering an amazing sound with an emphasis on bass, as well as supreme comfort and real value for money. Powered by 50mm neodymium drivers, you can expect a wide frequency response. Resulting in a loud, clean sound that’s loved by many DJ’s worldwide.
Additionally, with a soft-touch rubberized coating applied to the leather cushions and headband; these headphones feel fantastic to wear as well as looking the part. Overall, a fantastic option if you’re on a budget and looking for some affordable, value for money DJ headphones.
- High sound quality with wide frequency response and enhanced bass
- Ultra-high dynamic range
- 50mm high output neodymium drivers
- Single sided removable cable with 1/8″ jack and 1/4″ gold plated adapter
- Adjustable headband with foldable, swiveling earcups
So which DJ Headphones are best?
Above all, the best pair of DJ Headphones will vary from person to person and there are a few factors you’re going to have to consider. So whether you’re primarily looking for comfort, size, sound, build quality, portability or budget; there’s going to be a pair that suit you more than the next one. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for; so we recommend not cheaping out on your headphones because if you’re an upcoming DJ you’ll be using them for a while to come.
All the headphones on this list will give you great sound quality while also being built to last. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to preference. So if it’s not on this list, let us know what your favourite pair of headphones to DJ with are!