Top 10 NAMM 2019 Releases Pt1
Top 10 NAMM2019 Releases Pt1
The Top 10 Namm releases Pt1 & Pt2 have been hard to write with the number of quality announcements that have been rolling out day by day. It has been action packed and our team on the ground have been supplying us with live updates and images that we can pass onto you.
Modular Synthesis is showing up everywhere, Reloop and Technics are going head to head with the battle DJ’s and vinyl lovers for crowd favourite.
The standalone movement is strong this year, with Akai & Denon throwing their hat in the ring, as well as Qbert’s Thud Rumble having engineered a stand-alone battle mixer that runs Traktor without the need for a computer.
Chauvet DJ has been rolling out there groundbreaking Bluetooth Smartphone operable lighting system with EZlink and Adam hall have shaken the pro audio world up with affordable studio monitors from Palmer called Studimon5.
1. Denon Prime4
Denon have sent the the DJ community sin to a spin with the announcement of the Prime4, the first 4 channel standalone controller to come out.
- Reads and analyses Rekordbox DJ/Traktor/Serato playlists, cue’s and grids
- 4-Deck standalone Engine Prime DJ system
- 10-inch HD multi-touch display with gestures
- Dedicated XLR Zone output provides music to a separate room
- Built-in 2.5-inch SATA drive bay to store music onboard
- 6-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display
- (4)assignable input channels for external media source
- (2) dedicated XLR inputs for microphones with individual control
- StagelinQ connection for Event/Pro DJ lighting and video control
- Plays uncompressed audio formats (FLAC, ALAC, WAV)
- Crisp 24-bit Denon DJ legacy audio
- (4)USBand (1)SDmedia inputs for music playback
- USB keyboard support
- Serato DJ Pro control to be enabled
2. Akai Force
Another standalone unit. This super powerful workstation looks intuitive & fun to play. Akai have been causing waves all over the internet, I can’t wait to see what the playability feels like.
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8×8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7” full colour capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 4 con gurable CV/Gate outputs
- MPC sample editing
- Automatic BPM detection, real-time time- stretching and pitch-shifting
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines!!!
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- Full-Size SD card slot & 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
3. Reloop RP-8000MK2 & Elite Mixer
Namm2019 was the launch of the RP-8000Mk2 & the Elite battle Mixer from Reloop has been making waves in the DJ-ing community. A far more forward thinking take on the traditional turntable and battle mixer. Rugged in its design an developed with a team of professional turntabalists.
- Developed in close collaboration with renowned international turntable artists
- Control up to 12 performance modes per deck
- 3x mini Innofader Pro (latest generation) on-board, featuring twice the resolution and innovative non-contact technology, allowing for ultra precise cuts and smooth operation
- 2 high-contrast OLED displays showing real-time information of effects, BPM, beat divisions and setup menu
- Colour-coded Tweak FX: Stand-alone effects with bipolar control
- Toggle between Filter, Crush, Flanger, White Noise and user mode via the mode button with RGB indication
- DUAL 10 In/Out USB 2.0 audio interface with superb sound quality in 24-bit
- Two independent effect units for controlling Serato DJ Pro FX
- 3 assignable effect slots: Each with dedicated activation buttons
- Dedicated and flexible effect controls for each channel
- Mini-fader for FX Level/Depth control
- 2 FX activation modes: Either hold or toggle on/off
- Designed for Serato DJ Pro: Control 7 new RGB colour-coded performance modes
- Platter Play: In this mode, the performance pads can be used to control the speed of the platter to enable melodic and more musical live performances
- Extra large, highly responsive performance pads with multi-colour LEDs
- 22 scales are available with the option to create up to 9 custom scales
- Pitch bending function via speed select buttons in Platter Play mode
- Reworked control section: More streamlined multi-encoder and intuitive mode section
- First of its kind: Independent pad modes when used in conjunction with the ELITE mixer
- Fine-tuned motor control for further optimization of wow and flutter and rotation
- Adjustable pitch scale for precise adjustments
- Quartz driven hybrid turntable instrument with upper-torque direct drive
- MIDI compatible control section consists of multi-encoder, 8 large LED pads, three layers with 7 performance modes (cue, sampler, saved loops, pitch play, loop, loop roll, slicer) and 2 user modes
- Digital LC display for pitch, BPM, scale, key, deck assignment and firmware settings
- Adjustable stop time (0.2 – 6 sec.)
- Precise motor control with 3 speeds (33 1/3, 45 & 78 RPM)
- Statically balanced, universal S-shaped tone arm with hydraulic lift and anti-skating mechanism
- High-resolution pitch fader (0.02 % resolution)
- Pitch range +/-8 %, +/-16 %, +/-50 % (Ultra Pitch)
- Reverse function: Switch for forward and reverse operation
- Smart USB link for up to 4 turntables
- Auto deck-assign feature when linked
- Recessed connection cavity for easy installation in cases & seamless adjustment
4. Ezlink Series
Chauvet DJ has engineered groundbreaking ease of use lighting system that you can run from your smartphone.
Experience the wonder of wireless lighting control right from your smartphone or tablet. BTAir is the app that makes it happen! Download the free BTAir app (patent pending) from the App Store or Google Play and discover how easy it is to control your Bluetooth® wireless technology compatible CHAUVET DJ fixtures right from your phone or tablet without any additional hardware needed! Create and store scenes. Control color fades, chases and more right from the palm of your hand with BTAir. Light easier.
- Compatible Products Include: EZLink Par Q6 BT, EZLink Par Q4 BT, EZLink Strip Par Q6 BT, EZLink FS BT, 4Bar LT Quad BT, SlimPAR T12 BT, SlimPAR Q12 BT, and COLORband T3 BT
- Minimum Operating System (Android): Lollipop (V5)
- Minimum Operating System (Apple): iOS 8
- Patent Pending
Arturia has released the Micro Freak a Hybrid Algorithmic Synthesizer with an analog filter. The first in the “Freak” line and a synthesizer like no other, MicroFreak is a peculiar, exceptional & rewarding instrument, blending wavetable and digital oscillators with analog filters.
Featuring a unique poly-aftertouch flat keyboard. It adds controlled randomness to sequences. This isn’t a revolution, it’s a mutiny featuring a versatile digital oscillator so you can create rare and interesting sounds with ease. Modes like Texturer, KarplusStrong, Harmonic OSC, and Superwave give adventurous musicians the chance to explore totally new, unheard possibilities. Like having dozens of synths in just one instrument, both wild-eyed newcomers and seasoned professionals will fall in love with MicroFreak’s flexible, powerful synth engine.
MicroFreak features 11 awesome oscillators, 4 bespoke Arturia engines, and 7 modes from our friends at Mutable Instruments.
Analog Filter; Inspired by the trailblazing 12-dB Oberheim SEM filter, you can make MicroFreak’s filter scream or whisper to taste. The filter is state-variable, and can even auto-oscillate! You can use this is any way you like, from taking the edge of the razor-sharp wavetable sounds or automating the cutoff by modulating it with keyboard pressure or the in-built sequencer.
Record up to four automations, edit notes per step or use the innovative Spice and Dice sequencer functions to find happy accidents. Add randomization to create evolving, original patterns, and virtually rewire and reconfigure its signal chain and controls with the 5×7 modulation matrix.
- Synthesizer with 192 preset slots and 128 factory presets
- 11 Digital oscillators with variable modes, with integrated open source Plaits engine created by Mutable Instruments
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass
- ADSR envelope
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes – Up to 4 voices
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers
- 64-step sequencer
- 2 patterns per preset
- 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output
Pt2 of the Top 10 Namm 2019 releases is just around the corner and you can follow our Instagram for regular updates.