- Online Stock In Stock
The Moog Grandmother is a semi-modular synthesizer built with the classic feel and true analog sound. Built-in arpeggiator, sequencer and spring reverb tank that is true to Moog’s modular roots, where synthesis is not only about the end result, but the journey of discovery and experimentation.
Grandmother’s semi-modular design ensures that human beings of any skill-level can easily explore and experience the joys and magic of analog synthesis — start playing immediately with “no patching required”, then explore an infinite sonic playground with Grandmother’s endlessly reconfigurable front panel and analog spring reverb tank.
Moog Grandmother’s circuits, spirit, and spring reverb are inspired by the classic Moog Modular Synthesizers designed by Bob Moog during the 60s and 70s. The elegant simplicity and magic of these early circuits are renewed in Grandmother’s semi-modular analog design, resulting in an unrestricted sonic vocabulary that is both beautiful and powerful.
Grandmother also features an “External Audio Input” that invites users to inject sounds from other instruments directly into Grandmother’s analog filter, spring reverb and amplifier circuits — adding vintage tones and ambience to guitars, drums or vocal signals. In addition, Grandmother includes an easy-to-use arpeggiator and sequencer for added enjoyment and programmable syncopation.
- Hardware Spring Reverb can be used to process external sounds
- ¼” External audio input for guitars, drum machines, and more.
- Semi-modular – no patching is required
- Easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer
- Store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each
- 2 Analog Oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard sync
- Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
- Patchable 1-Pole High Pass filter
- Analog ADSR Envelope Generator
- Analog LFO with audio-rate capabilities
- 32-note Fatar keyboard with velocity
- All normalized connections can be interrupted for full modularity
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
- Patchable bipolar attenuator
- Works with Mother-32, DFAM, Eurorack modular systems and more
- 41 patch points with 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a Parallel-Wired 4-jack Multi
- Oscillators based on Moog Minimoog
- Mixer based on Moog CP3
- Filter based on Moog 904
- Envelope Generator Based on Moog 911
- VCA Based on Moog 902
- Spring Reverb based on Moog 905
Sound Engine Type(s): Analog Synth
Number of Keys: 32
Type of Keys: 32-note Fatar keyboard with velocity
Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Variable Glide
Number of Presets: 256 (16 Banks of 16)
Effects Types: Spring Reverb
Oscillators: 2 Oscillators with selectable Waveforms, 1 White Noise Generator, External Input jack
Sequencer: (256 Steps; three Sequence Files)
Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4″ TS (audio in)
Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4″ TS (audio out), 1 x 1/4″ TRS (headphones)
USB: 1 x Type B
MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- 41 x 3.5mm front and rear panels
- 21 Inputs
- 16 Outputs
- 4 Parallel-wired Mults.
Power Supply: Included Power Adapter 12V DC (positive tip), 2A
Dimensions: 548 x 361 x 139 mm
Weight: 7.2 kg