Zoom’s H2n Portable Stereo Field Recorder is the only portable recording device to include five built-in microphones and four different recording modes: X/Y, Mid-Side, 2-channel surround and 4-channel surround. Making one of the most powerful field recorder on the market! Other advanced features include automatic gain control to prevent unwanted clipping and on board MS decoding, plus key recording effects like compression, limiting and low cut filtering. Plus the H2N can even be used as a high-quality USB microphone!
The H2n offers not one, not two, but five built-in microphones. Two of them are arranged as an X/Y pair, while the other three are configured in an MS (“Mid-Side”) pattern. They can be used separately for X/Y or MS stereo recording, or combined to create stunning 2- or 4-channel surround sound.
The Zoom H2n is the only handheld recorder that captures four-channel surround sound audio. With Firmware v 2.00, it’s perfect for the creation of 360-degree “Spatial Audio” files, the next-generation surround sound format native to the google JUMP Virtual Reality Platform.
Using “Spatial Audio” mode, you can create a single four-channel, multi-track WAV file that includes Omni, Left/Right, and Forward/Backward tracks. This Spatial Audio file is then ready to be combined with 360-degree VR videos recorded with the google JUMP compatible camera rig (such as the GoPro Odyssey or Ricoh Theta). Once completed, the immersive videos are ready to upload to YouTube.
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96 kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker, and Surround Mixer
- Analog-type Mic Gain wheel
- Built-in reference speaker
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
Simultaneous Rec Tracks: 4
Simultaneous Play Tracks: 4
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
Built-in Mic(s): 5
Audio Interface: Yes
Analogue Inputs: 1 x 1/8-inch, 1 x 1/8-inch (Mic)
Analogue Outputs: 1 x 1/8-inch (Headphone)
Headphone Outputs: 1 x 1/8-inch
Built-in Speaker: Yes
Memory (removable): 2GB SD Card Included, takes up to 32GB
Power Supply: 2 x AA Batteries Included
Max Battery Life: 20 hrs.
Stand Mountable: Yes
Dimensions: 67.6 × 113.85 × 42.7 mm
Weight: 130 g