sE Electronics sE VBEAT Snare Tom Mic
sE Electronics sE VBEAT Snare Tom Mic is designed for use on your snare and toms, the sE Electronics V Beat is the most compact drum microphone in its class. The V Beat’s purpose-built dynamic, supercardioid polar pattern delivers an extremely natural and highly detailed sound on snare drums or toms of any size. Impressive for such a small and versatile percussion drum microphone, a solid and exciting addition to the sE Electronics range. The V Beat’s low-profile design attaches easily to the rim of drum heads making it ultra-compact and the parallel XLR connector/stand mount gives it an extremely small footprint that features impressive off-axis rejection to minimize spill from proximate drums and cymbals. Not only does the mic provide a highly accurate, naturalistic audio capture—it also keeps cables out the drummer’s line of sight and makes it easier for them to maneuver around the kit without fear of accidentally striking a mic head.
At the heart of the V Beat is its DMC7 X capsule, which utilizes an aluminum voice coil for a transient-rich sound and a bottom end extending low enough to record the fundamental frequencies of toms and snares. Its supercardioid pickup pattern ensures little bleed, helping you isolate the sound-source from other drums or cymbals. The capsule is suspended inside the mic to keep it decoupled from mechanical vibration, shocks, jolts, and other issues.
Its rock-solid swivel mount lets you position it with great precision – aiming it at any part of the drum head to achieve the desired sonic character. And paired with sE’s optional V Clamp (sold separately), the V Beat is even quicker and easier to position. The mic is also rugged with an all-metal housing, making the mic suitable for live use on the road. A gold-plated XLR connector helps to provide a reliable signal connection. With a windscreen built into the mic, it’s already internally protected against winds, plosives, and extraneous noise. A black windscreen and a knurled nut for third-party mounting kits are included.
The sE Electronics sE VBEAT Snare Tom Mic is a versatile, punchy-sounding snare and tom mic, the V Beat is hard to beat.
- Designed for Snare & Toms
- Dynamic Microphone
- Supercardioid Pickup Pattern
- Transient-Rich Response
- Excellent Isolation from Other Drums
- Accurate, Naturalistic Sound
- Aluminum Voice Coil & All-Metal Chassis,
- Stainless spring steel mesh grille
- Sophisticated supercardioid capsule design
- Purpose-built capsule designed to capture frequencies at high SPLs
- All-metal housing with premium finish
- Capsule is Decoupled from Housing
- Patented internal shockmount
- Built-In Windscreen for Plosives
- Knurled Nut for 3rd Party Mounting
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- Microphone Type:Dynamic
- Polar Pattern:Supercardioid
- Frequency Range:30Hz-19kHz
- Output Impedance:300 ohms
- Sensitivity:2.0mV/Pa (-54dBV)
- Features:4 x EQ voicings
- Dimensions:4.3″ x 2.4″
- Weight:0.76 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Adapter, Carrying Pouch, Windscreen