MIDAS M32R Live Digital Mixing Console
The MIDAS M32R is a Digital Mixing Console for Live and Studio. It features 40 Input Channels, 16 Midas PRO Microphone Preamplifiers and 25 Mix Buses.
MIDAS’ goal for M32R was to combine the best of classic British console designs with advanced modern technology. Why? To completely redefine what a rack-mountable digital desktop mixing console can offer.
The Landmark in Console History
A close look at M32R reveals that the styling is completely new in every sense of the word. Rajesh Kutty’s automotive-inspired design elements mesh perfectly with a recognisable Midas signature, setting the M32R apart from any other console. Its beautifully streamlined and elegant form factor completely revolutionises the experience of live mixing.
The Midas M32R construction is equally impressive, and is designed to offer you years of reliable performance. All this whilst withstanding the demanding environment of live performance venues. M32R employs a predominantly space-frame construction, with parts of the sub-frame consisting of high-performance aluminium. Multiple alloys have been employed throughout to guarantee maximum component efficiency and an improved performance-to-weight ratio.
Overall, M32R is an innovative, evolved design that brings together modern construction principles and high-tech materials into a styling destined to go down as a landmark in console history.
Industry-Leading 192 kHz Precision with MIDAS M32R
The groundbreaking M32R console combines legendary Midas sound quality with advanced digital technology, future-proof floating point audio engine, extremely low-latency design and industry-leading 192 kHz ADC and DAC converters, creating a revolutionary mid-format live console. M32R features ultra-sleek styling, offering you a truly luxurious mixing experience. High-end construction materials include carbon fibre provide unparalleled durability and strength, plus substantially lower weight than comparable consoles.
Also, M32R utilises award-winning Midas PRO Series microphone preamplifiers and the custom-designed Midas PRO motorised faders. These faders are rated for 1 million life cycles-three times more than other leading consoles.
Additionally, the Midas M32R is a future-forward console that completely raises the bar for live mixing.
Legendary MIDAS Sound Quality
What’s more, while the Midas M32R design, styling, and construction will surely turn a lot of heads, it’s the sound that matters most to engineers and performing artists. And that’s where M32R shines even brighter – as the latest in a long line of pristine-sounding Midas consoles, it descends from a celebrated lineage that literally set the standard in electrical design and sound quality.
Ever since Midas consoles first found fame 40 years ago with acts like Billy Joel, Yes, The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd and others, the Midas legacy has always been about uncompromising quality and the ultimate in sound reproduction.
Additionally, backing the analogue input section are audiophile Cirrus Logic multi-channel 192 kHz capable A/D converters. These boast a 114 dB dynamic range, ensuring impressively low distortion and low noise performance.
Built For Tomorrow
Furthermore, M32R is a console built for today, and tomorrow! It features a rock-solid proprietary operating system and a 0.8 ms audio engine. As a result, it will provide outstanding state-of-the-art audio performance for years to come.
M32R Live Digital Mixing Console Also Features
- Your “Mind-to-Sound” Interface: the intersection of creativity and production. M32’s intuitive user interface offers a fluid mixing experience that instantly feels like home.
- Channel Strip: Optimized control illumination via the channel strip’s design. Find the most important channel processing parameters all in one section!
- 5″ Main Display: M32R features a day-viewable colour TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) display. It shows the setting parameters you need when you need them. Selected for its high-contrast performance and outdoor visibility, TFT is ideal for concert and open air festival venues.
- Sends On Fader: M32R brings the convenience of digital mixing to your Aux and output bus mixes too, thanks to its integrated Sends on Fader feature. This incredible function allows you to build powerful, dedicated sub-mixes for monitor, secondary zone feeds, and much more – all without affecting the front of house mix or levels.
- “Acoustic Integration” – the Live Sound Revolution: The M32R’s ULTRANET bus allows streaming up to 16 channels of pristine digital audio to an array of TURBOSOUND iQ speakers – all on a single CAT5 cable, along with control data to set sound presets remotely.