IK Multimedia AXE I/O Pro Audio Interface
IK Multimedia AXE I/O Pro Audio Interface offers Advanced Guitar Tone Shaping, in a professional 2-in/5-out audio interface and controller. Designed for the recording guitarist by IK Multimedia, and they have nailed it. The easy to use interface is both Mac or Windows compatible, offers best-in-class sound quality, and makes your guitar recordings faster, easier, and better in DAW applications.
The AXE I/O offers triple-topology, fully discrete input circuits with both PURE and JFET input stages. This allows you to go from transparent to tubelike with just a single switch. The Z-Tone impedance-adapting circuit interacts with your guitar’s pick-ups to give you a large range of tonal flexibility. When it comes to recording with microphones, AXE I/O offers two combo XLR-1/4″ inputs with +48 phantom power.
Furthermore, AXE I/O features a dedicated amp output so you can process your recording with real guitar amps and stompboxes without the need for external accessories. The low-noise 1/4″ output eliminates ground loops and is built on the front panel for easy access. Just record a track with a clean copy of your guitar’s signal. Now you can use the amp output to experiment with a different amp, stompbox, and microphone settings, or swap out a whole new rig. It is designed to keep high-gain reamplification as quiet as possible.
The AXE I/O integrates with the included AmpliTube 4 Deluxe software to select presets and control values via the front input knob. Set behavior, MIDI channel, MIDI CC#, minimum and maximum values, and more, to dial in the best settings for whatever application you want to control. This lets you connect pedals and switches to get the most from your virtual rig without taking your hands off your guitar. The AXE I/O Audio Interface with Advanced Guitar Tone Shaping is a full-blown analog in-the-box studio, out of the box. An onboard tuner is also included.
- 2-input/5-output USB audio interface
- Discrete Class-A microphone preamps
- 24-bit / 192 kHz maximum sample rate
- 3 Hz to 35 kHz frequency response
- >117 dB dynamic range
- Very low latency
- Ultra-low jitter clock for transparent, world-class sound
- Top of the line converters
- High-current balanced outputs
- High-current professional headphone amplifier
- Includes guitar & bass, mixing and mastering software
- AmpliTube 4 Deluxe: Over 140 ultra-realistic models of iconic guitar amps, cabs, FX, and more
- 10 T-RackS Singles for mixing instruments, including EQs, compressors, reverb, delays, mic modeling, and more
- Ableton Live 10 Lite recording software