- Online Stock In Stock
Boss DC-2W Dimension C Pedal
Boss DC-2W Dimension C Pedal is a part of their the BOSS Waza Craft series. The Japanese word “waza” means art and technique, an appropriate name for BOSS’s premium line of redesigned guitar effects pedals. The Boss DC-2W Dimension C is a recreation of the DC-2 that was only made by BOSS for 4 years in the late 80’s, it combines two classic Roland Dimension effects in a single pedal, one suitably sized for your pedalboard. Similar to a chorus effect, the DC-2W provides time-based manipulation that adds dimension to your sound, subtly enhancing both width and depth, it gives a thick, wide, and deep chorus feel. Even in its Standard mode, this Waza Craft pedals sound is like the idealized version of the original, offering the same sonic character that made it an iconic and sought-after effect, but with less noise and more consistent tone. And when you A/B the Standard mode and the Custom mod, the contrast is nothing short of astonishing.
The pedal offers two modes: Standard, which gives you the sound of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal, and SDD-320 mode, which authentically reproduces the sound of a vintage Roland unit heard on many hit records. The interface is rather simple and intuitive: four different selectors switch among presets. Press two selectors at once to unlock even more presets. Between the two modes, you can get 20 different sounds out of the pedal.
Although the tone is authentically vintage, some welcome concessions to modernity have been made, including an internal bypass circuit that’s buffered to bolster tone throughout long cable runs. You’ll also note the clear indicators for each mode, which provide visibility on dark stages.
This pedal is primarily designed for electric guitarists, but can also be used by bass players, keyboardists, or studio engineers as part of an outboard gear setup. Stereo 1/4″ I/O makes this latter use particularly attractive.
- A special edition of the classic Dimension C chorus pedal
- All-analog audio circuitry
- Standard mode provides the sound of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal
- SDD-320 mode authentically reproduces the vintage Roland SDD-320 Dimension D, a studio rack effect heard on many hit records
- 4-button preset interface with electronic switches and LED status indicators
- 4 main sounds in each mode plus six variations accessed by pressing two buttons together (20 total sounds available)
- Buffer bypass circuitry
- Mono or stereo I/O for integrating with mono or stereo applications, from guitar and bass pedalboards to keyboards and studio mixing
- Made in Japan
Modes: Standard, SDD-320
Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
Input Impedance: 2.2 MOhms
Output Impedance: 1 kOhm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 kOhms or greater
- Pedal switch
- Standard / SDD-320 switch
- Mode selector buttons (x4)
- Check indicator (also serves as battery check indicator)
- Mode selector indicators (x4)
- 2 x 1/4″ instrument inputs, phone type
- 2 x 1/4″ instrument outputs, phone type
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- PSA-series AC adapter (available separately)
Current Draw: 65 mA
Expected Battery Life Alkaline: Approximately 6 hours under continuous use
Dimensions: 73.0 x 129.0 x 59.0 mm
Weight: 450.0 g