Blue Microphones Spark-SL
The Blue Microphones Spark-SL is a premium side-address studio condenser microphone based on the world famous original Spark microphone. Spark SL excels at delivering detailed and transparent sound to your recordings with a new level of versatility and sound quality. Featuring a new streamlined build, refined sonics and versatile switches, Spark SL will transform your creative space into a professional studio.
Inside the Sound
At the heart of Spark SL’s sound is Blue’s custom JFET design, which ensures the capsule’s backplate is evenly charged, delivering consistent, transparent sound at all times. Spark SL also features discreet Class-A circuitry to maintain a pure signal. All you have to do is add music—Spark SL will make sure every detail comes through with precision and finesse.
Switch to Versatility
Spark SL features a new 100Hz high-pass filter and -20dB pad to bring professional versatility to your recording sessions. Tracking a strong, dynamic singer or blisteringly loud amp? No problem. Want to capture the nuanced frequencies of strings, drum overheads or horns? Done. Spark SL’s incredible flexibility makes it easy to capture the detail of any voice or instrument.
All in the Family
Blue’s Essential Series brings distinct tonal characteristics to your studio, allowing you to pair each voice and instrument with its perfect microphone counterpart. Check out each mic to build a mic locker any studio would envy.
- A versatile condenser microphone that’s excellent for both instruments and vocals
- Proprietary preamp design delivers extremely low distortion across the entire audible frequency spectrum
- Regular mode offers a wide-open and even sound that’s great for recording virtually any sound source
- Focus mode lets you switch to an upfront sound with added presence that adds intelligibility to vocals
- Selectable 100Hz high-pass filter, and -20dB Pad
- Complete accessory kit includes a custom shockmount, low-profile metal pop filter, and wood storage box
- Requires +48V phantom power
Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Address Type: Side
Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
Output Impedance: 50Ω
Maximum SPL; 136 dB SPL (1k, THD 0.5%)
Maximum Output Level: 13.7mV
Output: XLR Output
Sensitivity: 34.9 mV/Pa at 1 kHz (1 pa = 94 dB SPL)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB-A
Dynamic Range: 119.6 dB
Power Options: +24V phantom power+48V phantom power
Dimensions: 220.5 x 45 mm
Weight: 336 g