The Aphex 124B is a high performance audio level interface designed to allow you to connected unbalanced to balanced equipment. Especially handy for connecting to and from hi-fi and consumer grade devices to professional equipment. The level interface converts the -10dBV consumer hi-fi equipment with +4 or +8dBm professional/industrial/broadcast audio systems. It provides an extremely clean, reliable two-way buffer so both systems can operate at maximum performance levels, matching impedances and operating levels.
- Two-way interface amplifier for connecting any unbalanced device such as a cassette deck, equalizer, CD player or DAT deck to the IHF inputs and outputs. The balanced inputs and outputs go to a studio console, patchbay or other line level equipment. The different gains and impedances are matched for optimal performance.
- Line driver. The servo-balanced input and output stages of the 124 can be used as a very effective line driver for long lines. The output stage provides a short-circuit proof, low impedance source that will be relatively unaffected by the impedance of the cable. Gain may even be taken to boost signal level. In this application, either the unbalanced IHF or balanced high level inputs may be used. For the latter, the IHF inputs and outputs are simply jumpered.
- Signal splitter. The 124 may be used to provide two high quality balanced outputs from a single unbalanced mono signal A?Y? connector is used to split the incoming signal to each of the IHF unbalanced inputs
- Reliably matches unbalanced and balanced signals
- Incorporate consumer-grade speakers, CD/tape players, and EQs into your pro setup
- Use unbalanced vintage audio gear without signal loss
- Bidirectional buffer with balanced XLR ins and outs
- Line driver allows for long cable runs without signal/tone loss
- Y-splitter converts a mono signal into 2 balanced signals
- Rackmount kit sold separately
Type: Level matching, balanced output interface
Inputs: 1 x XLR
Outputs: 4 x XLR
Dynamic Range: 94dB
Dimensions: 44.5 x 209.5 x 184.2mm
Weight: 1.6 kg