Access Virus Ti2 Desktop
The Access Virus TI2 Desktop is a premium desktop synthesizer that combines the functionality and control of an analog synth together with the power and performance of a digital engine. This powerful sound engine is perfect for musicians and producers both in the studio and for live performances. Designed to work hand-in-hand with your Mac or PC, the Virus TI2 Desktop includes VIRUSControl software that automatically detects the Virus TI2 Desktop when a connection is made over USB. Other connectivity of the unit includes 1/4″ Jack I/Os, MIDI in /out, and thru connectors, S/PDIF digital I/Os and a 1/4″ Jack headphone output.
The Virus TI2 Desktop offers an analog feel, with a number of buttons and knobs to work with. Despite the analog look, it offers full digital power and flexibility by integrating with your studio and supporting 24-bit/192kHz audio. Over 80 voices are provided in the Virus TI2 Desktop, along with a programmable arpeggiator, multiple effects, oscillators, and more.
The Mod Matrix of the Virus Ti2 Desktop has six sources with three destinations each for excellent real-time control and freedom of patch programming. The Multi Mode embeds 16 patches so you can make adjustments without overwriting other programs. For a full-featured and versatile digital synthesis solution that’s sleek enough to be mounted on your desk or in a standard audio rack, look no further than the Virus Ti2 Desktop.
- New Effects, including Tape Delay, Frequency Shifter, new Distortions, and Character
- 25% more calculating power than Virus TI, and completely redesigned housing
- Dual DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen).
- Virus Control 5 VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows. The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer, making it feel just like a plug-in.
- The Virus TI’s Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface.
- The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer.
- WaveTable Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed.
- HyperSaw oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths – each with parallel sub oscillator per voice (that’s over 1800 stereo oscillators @ 100 voices!).
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots.
- 129 parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer.
- 2 multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modeled after the MiniMoog cascade filter with 6-24dB Slope and self-oscillation).
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesizers.
- 6 balanced outputs with +4dB level and switchable soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192kHz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2×24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access’ Sync Xtreme technology.
- Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch.
- Knob quantize for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock.
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from.
- 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes.
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable).
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters.
- Multi mode with embedded patches.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices.
- 2 pedal inputs.
Sound Engine Type(s): Analog Modeling
Polyphony: 20 Notes-90 Notes (Depending On the Patch)
Number of Presets: 512 RAM Patches, 3328 ROM Sounds
Number of Effects: 192
Effects Types: Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Phaser, EQ, Ring Mod
Analog Inputs: 2 x TS
Analog Outputs: 6 x TS, 1 x TRS (Headphones)
Digital Inputs: 1 x S/PDIF
Digital Outputs: 1 x S/PDIF
MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru/USB
USB: 1 x Type B
Dimensions: 80 x 470 x 188mm
Weight: 3.4 kg