Behringer Model D
The Behringer Model D is a Eurorack-sized reincarnation of the legendary analog monosynth that started it all. From fat pulsing basses to searing leads to celestial pads: the Behringer D puts a world of musical expression under your fingertips. Throw a patch from the Main Out to the Ext In, crank the Ext In Volume until you hit overdrive, play a note, and twist the filter cutoff.
A universe of sonic possibilities
The fat, punchy sound of the D is bolstered by Behringer’s addition of an overdrive circuit you can patch in and control via the Ext In jack and volume pot in the Mixer section. But analog synthesis is not always about blistering leads and belching basses. This synth is also capable of eerily accurate simulations of acoustic instruments such as woodwinds, brass, and strings. The Behringer D’s classic VCF — a vital component of subtractive synthesis — is the soul of this synth. Behringer has done an outstanding job here: the D’s filter sounds amazing — smooth and musical, with a nice bite when you dial in a bit of resonance. From aggressive to serene, the Behringer D deploys a universe of sonic possibilities.
A little jewel of a synth
Let us be blunt: the Behringer D rocks sexy visuals. Accented with wooden end cheeks, its petite, Eurorack-sized chassis sports old-school synth knobularity that’s hard to keep your hands off. The continuous pots feel great, too: smooth and solid, with the perfect amount of resistance. The detented rotaries and rocker switches also deliver satisfying tactile feedback. Three voltage-controlled oscillators deploy beastly sonic firepower, while the classic control set affords an enormous amount of real-time tweakery. There’s also generous CV connectivity for semi-modular flexibility and interfacing with legacy gear. Behringer has packed all the essentials (and then some) into this little jewel of a synth. Behringer D is an unbelievable value. Get one and create some inspired music!
Behringer has been making waves in the pro audio industry. The synthesizer clones that are being developed have brought synthesis to a lower price point than ever seen before, without compromise on the sound quality. A very hot topic amongst purists. It is not a Moog, and it won’t dent your wallet as a Moog would. While it is considered a clone, the Model D stands alone. The 3 oscillator synth has brought unseen affordability to musicians everywhere with the behringer model d australia being equally as affordable as overseas, a very rare occurrence.
An incredible synth to learn synthesis with and a price point that is affordable for beginner and, pros alike. When looking for a mono synth that is affordable you can’t go past the behringer model d australia.
- Legendary analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “D Type” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenylene Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- Overdrive circuit adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 48 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Low and high level outputs featuring highest signal integrity signal stages
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Oscillators: 3 x VCO, Noise Generator
Filter: 1 x VCF 24dB, low-pass/high-pass
Effects Types: Overdrive circuit
Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/8″ (external audio)
Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (main out low, high), 1 x 1/8″ (main out), 1 x 1/8″ (mix audio out), 1 x 1/8″ (headphones)
MIDI I/O: In/Thru/USB
Other I/O: Mod Source, OSC 1V/OCT, LFO CV, LFO square, LFO sawtooth, Cut CV, FC Gate, Filter, LC Gate, Loud contour, Loud CV
USB: 1 x Type B
Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)