The Moog DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother) is the first addition to the Mother ecosystem of synthesizers and presents an expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation. It requires no patching, and absolutely no experience is needed for human-beings of any age to quickly begin synthesizing new and unique rhythmic compositions.
Activated by an easy-to-use analog sequencer, DFAM’s emotive sound begins with a white noise generator and two wide-range analog oscillators – effortlessly transitioning between rhythmic pulsations, resounding bass and resonant bells in an instant. DFAM’s distinctive voice is then shaped by a classic Moog Ladder filter with two selectable modes: Low Pass mode imparts impact and dimension to each sound it touches, while High Pass mode opens the door to naturally expressive strikes, spikes and clangorous accentuations.
DFAM behaves much like a living organism, reacting in different ways to different individuals. 3 dedicated analog envelopes work dynamically with the sequencer to ensure that tribal toms breathe, industrial impacts evolve, and sonic chaos can be created or subdued at the turn of a knob.
Each DFAM ships with a package of Moog patch cables that unlock access to the 24-point modular patchbay. Use it to create new sounds or bizarre behaviors, synchronize an unlimited number of DFAM and Mother-32 units together, or fully integrate your analog instrument into a modular Eurorack production environment.
Through exploration and experimentation, the vast potential of this expressive analog instrument is realized.
- 100% analog drum/percussion synth with dynamic 8-step sequencer
- Semi-modular format — no patching required
- 24 patch points for extensive sound design potential
- 2 oscillators plus a noise generator for creating deep kicks, snappy snares, crisp hi-hats and much more
- Step sequencer features dedicated pitch and velocity controls for real-time manipulation
- Selectable LP/HP filter for sound sculpting
- External audio input for processing other synths or Eurorack modules
- Eurorack compatible — can be mounted in a Eurorack case (requires 10-pin to 16-pin Eurorack cable, not included)
- Perfect match for a Mother-32 synth module, fits in 2-tier and 3-tier Mother-32 racks
Oscillators: 2 x Oscillators, 1 x White Noise Generator
Waveforms: Triangle, Square
Envelope Generator: VCO/VCF/VCA Envelope Generators
Filter: Lowpass/Highpass 4-pole Transistor Ladder Filter
Sequencer: 8-step sequencer with velocity/pitch
Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/4″ (line/headphones)
Other I/O: 24 x 1/8″ patchbay points
Power Supply: 12V DC 1200mA power supply (included)
Power Usage: 230mA
HP Size: 60HP