The ART CLEANBox Pro provides two channels of unbalanced to balanced level conversion and two channels of balanced to unbalanced level conversion in a rugged, compact, and portable unit. Balanced lines offer increased immunity to external electrical noise, such as hum. Since a balanced system minimizes induced noise, it is the preferred method of connecting audio gear, especially when long lengths of cable are used.
One section of the CLEAN Box Pro converts two channels of consumer-level unbalanced input signals into two channels of pro line-level balanced output signals. It has two RCA jack inputs and a stereo mini-phone jack input connected in parallel. The balanced output feeds two XLR male jacks.
The other section of the CLEANBox Pro converts two channels of line-level balanced input signals into two channels of consumer unbalanced output signals. It has two XLR female input jacks. The unbalanced output feeds two RCA jacks and a stereo mini-phone jack connected in parallel.
Each section has stereo level controls to optimize signal levels. An LED indicator lights when power is applied.
- Provides two channels of level conversion
- Does unbalanced to balanced and balanced to unbalanced
- XLR connectors for balanced inputs and outputs
- RCA phono jacks and stereo 1/8″ jacks for unbalanced inputs and outputs
- Unbalanced output level control
- Balanced output level control
- Rugged extruded aluminum case
- Lighted On/Off switch
- Comes with external power supply for operation with AC mains
- Low noise, low distortion circuitry
Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-1 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion <0.1% @ 1 kHz
Signal to Noise Ratio > 90 dB
- Balanced – 20k Ohms
- Unbalanced – 100 Ohms
- Balanced to Unbalanced: -6 dB
- Unbalanced to Balanced: +21 dB
Maximum Input Level +21 dBu
Maximum Output Level
- Balanced: +21dBu
- Unbalanced: +15dBu
- Balanced – 100 Ohms
- Unbalanced – 300 Ohms
Power Requirements 7.5-12 V AC/DC, <150 mA
Dimensions 47 x 117 x 109 mm
Weight 0.50 kg