Zoom F8N Pro – Flagship Multi Track Field Recorder
The Zoom F8N Pro is the new flagship field recorder. Filmmakers and sound professionals know the importance of sharp, clean audio in storytelling. From the click of a seatbelt to the roar of an engine, F8N Pro’s inputs capture full dynamic range. This is due to its 32-bit float technology.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- F8n Pro Field Recorder
- Zoom AD-19 12V AC adapter
- Operation manual
CREATE IMMERSIVE AUDIO
With 8 inputs and 10 tracks, the F8N Pro can capture the most complex audio. This, therefore, expands your options so that you can create sonic magic in posts.
EXPLOSIVE AUDIO WITH F8N Pro
What’s more, the 32-Bit Float is a game-changer. Also, the F8N Pro uses dual A/D converters and professional-grade preamps to capture clip-free audio – without ever needing to adjust gain!
Additionally, ZOOM-F8NPRO has three outputs for external devices, headphones, and camera connections. You can keep tabs on your tracks pre or post-fader, check levels, route signals to the left or right and set alert tones for battery and recording status. Ambisonics mode offers precision A-to-B decoding and balanced gain linking. Due to this, you can capture spatial audio for VR, AR and more.
F8N Pro’S PROFESSIONAL FEATURES
- Formatting Options: The F8N Pro records in BWF-compatible WAV formats up to 32-bit resolution and at sample rates up to 192 kHz.
- Built-in Processing: F8N Pro features flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs, phase inversion and mid-side decoding. It also provides high-pass filtering to reduce the sound of wind and other noise. Input and output delays are also available.
- State-of-the-Art Timecode: Keep your tracks perfectly synced even when you power down. On or off, the Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy.
- Stay Focused With Zoom Automix™: Zoom AutoMix lets you keep your eyes on the action by automatically adjusting the levels of your mix to reduce ambient sound.
- Full Metadata Entry: The track name, scene names, notes, and more can be entered directly from the unit or via the Zoom F8 Control App for iOS.
SIX SECONDS OF AUDIO
The pre-record function allows you to capture up to 6 seconds of audio before you hit the RECORD button, guaranteeing you never miss a take.
RECORD AND STREAM, TOGETHER
Additionally, when connected to your computer, the F8N Pro can be used as an 8-in / 4-out audio interface. Record and stream in 32-bit float / 96khz while simultaneously recording to SD cards.
What’s more, the F8 Control App lets you visually monitor signals, adjust levels, trigger transport controls, enter metadata and more from your Android device, iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth.
Furthermore, the Zoom F-Control (FRC-8) gives you more flexibility in the field. With 60 mm faders and controls for trim, pan and track-arming, the FRC-8 is a must-have for any professional filmmaker.
POWER UP WITH Zoom F8N Pro
The F8N Pro is well-equipped for long location shoots or remote fieldwork, with a variety of power options and massive storage.
- Onboard Power: Use eight AA alkaline batteries for 5 hours of power or plug in the included AD-19 AC adaptor.
- Alternate Power: External 9-18 volt DC battery packs can be used with a 4-pin Hirose connector.
- Dual Memory: Record simultaneously on two SD cards, up to 1TB each, allowing for redundant recording.