- Online Stock In Stock
Teenage Engineering OP-Z
The Teenage Engineering OP-Z is a completely portable all-in-one synthesizer and 16 track sequencer. The wireless synth can produce complete music tracks and sound effects, and is also capable of MIDI, CV, & trigger track sequencing, image & 3D graphic sequencing. Plus DMX light sequencing.
All 16 tracks can run independently, allowing for individual track speed and length. What’s more, each step of the sequencer offers component sequencing, which adds variations per cycle, note variations, micro-sequencing, direction, parameter changes, re-triggers, and more. There are 14 different components, and each has 10 values and behavior programs, which totals 140 ways to alter a single step.
All keys are backlit with multicolor LEDs with instant machine feedback, a convenient feature for dark stages and poorly lit environments. Even the print on the unit uses a special glow-in-the-dark paint to keep you on point during a performance. There is no built-in LED screen. Instead, the OP-Z connects to your iOS device and takes advantage of its high-resolution retina display. A free iOS application pairs the two devices and further expands the feature set. Photomatic allows you to capture and arrange photographs into synchronized “stop-motion photography” with effects or import custom graphics and animate them in pace with your music. Media can easily be imported into the system via Dropbox. To eliminate any latency between image and sound, the OP-Z sound engine is ported to run simultaneously on your iOS device, which enables dual-domain synthesis.
Teenage Engineering have worked closely with Keijiro Takahashi and the Unity Tokyo Studio to fully integrate the OP-Z with the Unity Game Engine, allowing for stunning 3D graphics that run at full speed on an iPhone or iPad. The included toolset allows you to create your own graphics and 3D animation projects that can be integrated into the OP-Z performance platform.
An updated tape feature secretly records everything that is programmed into the sequencer in real time. With its own dedicated track, it is possible to sequence the tape and trigger the in-point, length, and speed. There are several different tape reels with different characters, which allow you to scrub, scratch, wind-up, and mess-up any programming. The OP-Z ships with a USB charging and control cable.
- Advanced 16-track synthesizer and sequencer
- Independent length and speed for each sequencer track
- Supports audio, MIDI, and Trg Track sequencing
- Supports image and 3D graphics sequencing, as well as DMX light sequencing
- 160 user-programmable patterns, with endless pattern chaining
- Modular effects architecture
- Choose from 14 Step Components to alter the behavior of any individual sequence track step
- Completely portable with next-gen rechargeable battery and built-in mic for sampling
- Free OP-Z iOS app allows you to pair an iOS device for use as a screen and graphics processor
- Compatible with any iOS device that is Apple Metal Graphics Certified
- Equipped with Analog Devices Blackfin 70X DSP and Cirrus Logic audio co-processor with 24-bit/48kHz DAC
- 6-axis motion sensor (g-force) can be assigned to any synthesizer parameter
- Includes USB C to USB A cable for charging and control
Type: Portable Beat Production with Sequencer
Internal Sound Engine: 16
Screen: Pair with iOS device
Sounds: Kick, Snare, Percussion, Bass, Lead, Arpeggio, Chords
Manufacturer Presets: 160 user programmable patterns
Sequencer: 16-track multimedia sequencer (midi, cv, trigger, image, 3D graphic, DMX lighting), 14 multi-program step components
Effects Types: Delay, Reverb, Filters, Tremolo and more (upgradeable modular effects)
Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/8″ TRS (line out)
MIDI I/O: USB
Other I/O: Built-in MEMS microphone
USB: 1 x Type USB-C
Bluetooth: v5.0 LE
Software: OP-Z app
Power Supply: Battery powered