Sennheiser XSW-D XLR Base Set Wireless Digital System
Sennheiser XSW-D XLR Base Set Wireless Digital System is an easy entry point into the world of wireless microphone audio for singers, vocalists, and presenters looking for a stage-ready system that’s both cost-effective and simple to use. It puts world-renowned Sennheiser wireless sound quality in a miniaturized, plug-and-go, 1-button digital system that anyone can operate. Plug it in, power it up, and you’re immediately up and running, streamlining your setup so you can concentrate on delivering your performance with confidence.
The XSW-D XLR BASE SET comes with a plug-on transmitter ready to be used with a handheld dynamic microphone of your choice. The XLR-equipped, plug-in receiver connects to a wide variety of professional audio gear, including mixing boards and portable PA systems, allowing you to capture crisp-sounding vocals on stage, or in rehearsals, houses of worship, and event spaces.
Unboxing the System
The exceptionally lightweight and compact plug-on transmitter lets you connect any dynamic microphone equipped with an XLR connector. The transmitter is designed to only transmit signal from a mic (not from a mixer or recorder) and it does not provide phantom power.
Plug the compact receiver directly into the XLR input of your audio mixer or PA, and you’re ready to turn the system on. The receiver cannot be phantom powered by a mixer. It needs to be charged ahead of time or used while being charged via USB.
Plug In, Turn On: It Works
The 1-button, 1-LED concept with single-button interface and status indicator effortlessly handles power and linking tasks for you.
The receiver and transmitter are pre-paired at the factory so when you turn on the system, it works—without the need for any additional button pressing.
(For optimal results, use of the XSW-D is recommended in environments with limited Wi-Fi / 2.4 GHz traffic.)
Step Up to Sennheiser Sound Quality
- Sennheiser wireless mic systems are an industry standard, prized by professionals for their clarity and reliability. The XSW-D system allows first-time and budget-conscious users to get their hands on genuine Sennheiser sound quality without breaking the bank.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Nothing ruins a take like hearing the weather report coming through your mic. Unlike traditional analog wireless systems, the XSW-D digital system operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, away from interruptions and dropouts caused by TV and radio channel interference.
- Thanks to Sennheiser’s channel allocation and interference management technology, the system selects the best operating frequency and automatically switches to a clean channel to provide reliable transmission at a distance up to 250′ line of sight.
Expand Your System as Your Needs Grow
- The functionality of this XSW-D XLR BASE SET can easily be expanded by adding XSW-D Series transmitters, as your needs evolve.
- With this set, adding the XSW-D 3.5mm bodypack transmitter allows you to connect either a Sennheiser-compatible lavalier or headset mic of your choice for hands-free presentations.
License-Free Operation Worldwide
- Because the XSW-D system operates in the license-free 2.4 GHz band, you don’t have to worry about local licensing laws, frequency coordination, and other technical hassles.
- Simply let the system pick a channel for you, and you’re ready to go—whether you’re working at home or anywhere in the world.
- Eco-friendly USB-rechargeable lithium-ion batteries—1-hour charging to reach 50% of battery time
- 5-hour total battery life gives you plenty of performance time
- Conveniently recharge batteries via USB while in operation or during breaks throughout the day
- Up to five systems can be operated simultaneously in the same environment
- Low 3.9 ms latency with aptX Live codec specifically designed to maximize digital wireless microphone performance
- Mute from either transmitter or receiver
- Multi-pairing lets you quickly switch between multiple transmitters linked to one receiver (note that only one transmitter can broadcast to one receiver at a time)