The Rode NTG3 super-cardioid shotgun microphone is designed for professional use on film, television, electronic news gathering and wherever high-resolution broadcast audio is required.
As RØDE’s premier directional microphone the NTG3 exhibits superlative audio quality with a rich, warm quality and a full frequency response. Its RF bias technology makes it almost completely resistant to moisture, making it the only option when recording in demanding environments where condensation is an issue. Machined from solid brass with anti-glare, nickel-plated finish for an incredibly robust build while remaining lightweight.
Its precise yet forgiving polar pattern ensures that whether used on-camera or on a boom pole, the NTG3 will capture audio clearly every time.
A durable aluminum storage cylinder is supplied to provide the ultimate protection for the NTG3 while in storage and transport. Tightly sealed at both ends the cylinder is highly weatherproof, adding to the microphone’s rugged performance credentials.
The RØDE NTG3 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones’ industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- 50% less self-noise than the majority of shotgun microphones
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- Includes durable aluminium storage cylinder for transport, pop filter, mic clip and large zip pouch
- Designed for professional use on film, television, ENG & wherever high resolution broadcast audio is required
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
Active Electronics: RF Bias
Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
Address Type: End
Frequency Range: 40Hz – 20kHz
Output: XLR Output
Output Impedance: 25Ω
Maximum SPL: 130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Maximum Output Level: 8.2mV
Sensitivity: -30.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (31.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level: (A-weighted) 13dB-A
Power Options: +48V phantom power
Dimensions: 255 x 19 x 19 mm
Weight: 163 g