KRK Rokit 7 G4 DSP Studio Monitor
KRK Rokit 7 G4 DSP Studio Monitor White Noise edition is part of the new generation of Rokits that Krk have been working hard to engineer, the G4 DSP Range. The KRK Rokits have always been top sellers, and the fourth generation of these studio monitors doesn’t disappoint.
Designed from the ground up with the intention of bringing many features from the KRK V Series to all levels of studios. The Rokit 7 G4’s have inherited almost all of the features from the V Series and they are as appealing to the eye as they are to your ear. The KRK Rokit 7 G4 DSP Studio Monitor packs a punch in features and bass, the pro-grade design is sleek and, even the smallest in the Rokit G4 line-up provides a far more accurate response.
Specifically chosen low-distortion Kevlar drivers pushed by an efficient Class D power amp with a built-in brick wall limiter give you more punch, depth, width and headroom. Couple this with an optimised high-frequency waveguide to ensure a wide, deep, dynamic sweet spot and incredible imaging. While a sophisticated low-resonance enclosure and front-firing port yield excellent low-end response and straightforward speaker placement. State-of-the-art DSP will maximise your acoustic environment with room correction, an LCD visual EQ, and more.
And everything is easily controlled via the KRK app on an iOS or Android smart device.
High-grade materials equal a great listening experience:
The Rokit 7 G4 was built from high-grade materials, and it shows. The extreme rigidity and impressive tensile strength-to-weight ratio of its Kevlar drivers ensure low-distortion sound reproduction across the entire frequency range. Fluid mechanics fully tuned to the entire speaker yield consistent air pressure behaviour at all volumes, resulting in a generous sweet spot, precise imaging, and a spacious three-dimensional soundstage. You also get high-density open-cell acoustic Iso-foam decoupling pads for minimising vibration transfer and improving clarity. The result is minimal ear fatigue and a balanced listening experience. When paired you can mix on the Rokit 7 G4 DSP studio monitor for hours and enjoy every minute of it.
Sophisticated Enclosure Design:
The KRK Rokit 7 G4 DSP Studio Monitor had its enclosure completely redesigned to minimise unwanted resonance, and give you spot-on low-end performance.
- High-quality materials cohesively designed and engineered to work perfectly with the advanced Aramid Fiber drivers
- High-density open cell acoustic Iso-foam decouples the speaker from the surface minimising vibration transmission for improved clarity
Scientifically-tuned Front Ported Cabinet:
Its front-firing port delivers exceptional bass extension and allows you to place it closer to walls without sacrificing accurate low-frequency response.
- Newly designed front-firing port extends accurate and tight bass reproduction on the low-end frequencies and allows more flexibility with monitor placement
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Analysis used to ensure laminar airflow for reduced port turbulence and optimised low-frequency transient response
State-of-the-art DSP Room Tuning maximises your room’s acoustics:
Jam-packed with state-of-the-art DSP helps you make the most out of your acoustic environment. Its visual graphic EQ makes minimising and correcting room problems a breeze. You get at-a-glance confirmation of your EQ settings with the built-in LCD graph, plus real-time analysis from the KRK app. The KRK app is incredibly useful. Besides EQ settings, the app also aids with speaker placement and level matching. Along with adjusting subwoofer levels, crossover settings, and polarity. It even has a signal generator — a must-have for calibrating your system.
- 25 visual room-correction EQ combinations
- The only monitor in its class with an LCD to visualise the EQ settings
Custom-designed Efficient Class D Power Amplifier retains better audio integrity:
The Rokit 7 G4’s custom-designed Class D power amplifier is remarkably efficient, evenly pumping high-quality sound out of its drivers. This efficiency not only results in a cool-running system, but it also maintains the integrity of your audio. Beyond that, a built-in brickwall limiter automatically engages when you max out the amp. This ensures a balanced sound, safeguards the system against damage, and maintain your audio’s dynamics. The Rokit 7 G4 DSP Studio Monitor will produce excellent sound quality at any volume.
- High-power, high-efficiency Class D amplifier ensures high SPL at lower operating temperatures
- Works with the custom KRK Brick Wall Limiter to maintain a balanced sound, protect the system, and deliver improved and wider dynamics
- Precision limiters matched to the amplifiers, designed to maintain distortion-free sound and a balanced response. Turn up to 11 and the monitors will still sound great!
The Right Fit
Each of the Rokit G4 sizes work for a different type of studio
- RP5 is right for a small project/home studio
- RP7 for a bit more of a dedicated space
- RP8 for a serious boost for big studios and a maximum bump
Above all, an impressive and affordable upgrade from KRK with the G4’s landing in the same price bracket as the Rokit G3’s despite having so many features seen in the classes above.