The Korg BA-40 is a dedicated bluegrass tuner used for “bluegrass” instruments, featuring easy-to-use functionality in a compact size that fits in your gig bag or instrument case. With its sleek design, large display and Korg’s renowned accuracy, the BA-40 is destined to become a staple among professional or aspiring bluegrass musicians.
- Dedicated tuner for bluegrass instruments such as banjos, fiddles, mandolins, and various guitars.
- Sharp/flat tuning allows you to tune with a capo attached.
- Meter mode lets you tune according to the input pitch.
- Sound Out mode lets you tune audibly to a reference tone.
- Output jack allows the Korg BA-40 to be connected directly to your amp.
- A convenient built-in stand allows this bluegrass tuner to be used in an upright position.
- Auto Power Off function preserves battery life.
- Scale:12-note equal temperament, perfect fifths (Fiddle)
- Detection Accuracy: +/- 1 cent or better
- Detection Range: E1 @bbbbb (30.868 Hz)- C8 (4186.01 Hz): for a sine wave
- Reference Tone: Banjo (5G, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1D),
Fiddle (4G, 3D, 2A, 1E), Mandolin (4G, 3D, 2A, 1E),
Resophonic Guitar: (6G, 5B, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1D),
Guitar: (6E, 5A, 4D, 3G, 2B, 1E),
Bass (4E, 3A, 2D, 1G)
- Reference Tone Accuracy: +/- 1 cent or better
- Tuning Mode: Meter mode (AUTO), Sound Out mode(MANUAL)
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4″ mono), OUTPUT jack (1/4″ mono)
- Speaker: Dynamic speaker (28 mm diameter)
- Power Supply: Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life: Approximately 85 hours (Meter mode, continuous A4 input, zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions: 100 (W) x 67 (D) x 17 (H) mm
- Weight: : 88 g / 0.19 lbs. (with batteries)