Behringer S16 Digital Snake
Behringer S16 Digital Snake is part of the Digital mixing revolution, so much of the live-entertainment production workflow. But one thing that hasn’t changed is having to roll out that heavy, cumbersome old analog snake. That is until now! The new Digital Snake from BEHRINGER takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the talent. The S16 provides 16 fully programmable, remotely controllable high-end mic preamps plus 8 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end, and connects to the FOH via a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router. KLARK TEKNIK, a longtime industry-leader in the development of high-end digital audio processing, provided the SuperMAC technology that made all of this possible & BEHRINGER made it affordable.
Simply put: the S16 system gives you fewer headaches, takes less time to set up, and requires less cabling than any typical analog snake system. It also costs less and gives you more options.
Behringer’s range of forward-thinking products keeps getting stronger, come in and take a look at the S16 to streamline your workflow.
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S16 units—no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- Connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System for In-Ear applications (not included)
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- “Planet Earth” switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 – 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- “Built like a tank” yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- Type:Digital Snake
- Data I/O:1 x USB Type B
- MIDI I/O:In/Out
- Manufacturer Part Number: