SheetBlok Sound Isolation Barrier is a dense, limp-mass vinyl material that is about 6dB more effective than solid lead at stopping the transmission of sound. It acts as a thin, dense sound barrier layer in walls, ceilings or floors and is most effective when used as one component of a multi-layered construction scheme. SheetBlok is useful for decoupling (i.e. floating) floors and walls in isolation construction applications.
The Auralex Acoustics SheetBlok30 is a 1.2m x 9m roll of professional sound isolating material. Perfect for helping to isolate and control sound transfer through walls, ceiling’s, and can even be used to ‘float’ your floors.
- Acts as a thin, dense sound barrier in walls, ceilings or floors
- Approximately 6dB more effective than solid lead at stopping the transmission of sound
- Cuts easily with a utility knife or scissors
- Great sound barrier for drum rooms
- Can be used in a wide range of domestic and commercial applications
Size: 1.2m x 9mrolls (11 sq. m)
Color: Black (smooth on one side; has a pebble grain finish on the other)
Service Temperature: -40° to 82&def; C
Tensile Strength: 400 psi Tear Strength: 70#/inch
Flammability: Passes test MVSS-302