Akai MPX8 Portable Sampler and MIDI Player
Akai MPX8 Portable Sampler and MIDI Player lets you load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the MPX8’s eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pads. The mpx8 is another cracker music making pad machine from Akai.
MPX8 comes with a library of built-in samples, great for live performance or studio production. The bright backlit display and intuitive interface enable operation in any amount of light. It’s that simple.
The akai mpx8 features a 5-pin MIDI input and output as well as a USB port. Two balanced 1/4″ outputs and an 1/8″ headphone output allow connection to a mixer and convenient monitoring. MPX8 comes with a drag-and-drop software sample editor for both Mac and PC. Users can also save sample sets together as kits for easy recall and even tune and add reverb to samples. MPX8 is a convenient way to have one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops.
Use it in the studio. Use it live on stage or on air. The akai mpx8 packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that’s built to perform.
- Add mono or stereo samples via standard SD card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Also controls computer MIDI software and outboard MIDI gear
- Drag-and-drop sample kit editor for Mac® and PC included
- Built-in library of popular sounds and samples
- Includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Tune, add reverb, and save sample sets for easy recall
- (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm)
- 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm)
- Audio Outputs: (2) TRS 1/4″ (balanced), (1) 3.5mm headphone
- MIDI I/O: MIDI over USB, 5-Pin DIN via 3.5mm MIDI in and out (cable included)
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive
- Sounds: 21 internal (virtually unlimited via sd card)
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 8
- Polyphony: 8-voice
- Panning: 9-position user programmable
- Other Features: Reverb and sample tune and 3 different trigger types.
- Power: Input 5VDC 1000mA via USB
- Weight: 0.45kg
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 29 x 10 x 3.25cm