- Online Stock In Stock
The Zoom TAC-8 Thunderbolt Audio interface is a super fast and professional 18×20 interface designed to give you the very best sound and versatility possible. The Thunderbolt connection allows for virtually no latency at all allowing you to record, mix, and monitor all in real-time. Built with a rugged, lightweight and 19-inch rack mountable chassis makes it perfect for both studio and on the road applications, with easily accessible controls for input, monitor, and headphone controls. A must have for any serious producer or musician wanting a great sound.
With 8 analogue inputs, 10 digital inputs, and the ability to record and play back 8 channels simultaneously, the TAC-8 allows you to record what you want, when you want. Lay down full backing tracks—drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, even vocals—at the same time, or go big with an 8-mic drum setup, or anything in-between. Thunderbolt’s speed ensures you won’t have to deal with latency issues, and the TAC-8’s built-in software mixer and flexible output options let you customise each session to your needs.
The TAC-8 provides a wide variety of both analogue and digital connectors. Eight front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs accept mic- and line-level signals. Inputs 1 and 2 can also accept instrument-level signal from electric guitars and basses. Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a Phantom Power switch enables the use of condenser microphones.
Dual balanced analogue ¼” TRS output jacks allow you to connect the TAC-8 to amplifiers or self-powered speakers, and there are also 8 discrete balanced TRS analogue line outputs for multi-channel monitoring or connection to external effects devices. A large front-panel Output knob offers fast control over output level, and there are two independent ¼” stereo headphone jacks, each with its own dedicated volume control, for private monitoring.
- 18-in, 20-out Thunderbolt audio interface
- Extremely low latency audio
- MIDI I/O lets you use MIDI control surfaces and sequence external hardware
- TAC-8 MixEfx application allows you to add reverb or delay effects to inputs and outputs
- Phantom power to run your favorite condenser mics
- Eight XLR/TRS combo input jacks for mic and line sources, enough for your whole band
- LED meters to monitor your input and output levels
- All-metal design is ready for reliable use in the field
- Bus powered directly from your computer
- Works with Thunderbolt-equipped Macs running OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Requires Thunderbolt cable (not included)
Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt
Form Factor: Rackmount
Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 20
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
Analogue Inputs: 8 x XLR/TRS Combo
Analogue Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (Main), 8 x 1/4″ (Line), 2 x 1/4″ (Headphones)
Digital Inputs: 1 x Coax, 1 x Optical
Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax, 1 x Optical
Number of Preamps: 8
Phantom Power: Yes
MIDI I/O: In/Out
Clock I/O: 1 x Word Clock In, 1 x Word Clock Out
Rack Spaces: 1U
Dimensions: 157.65 × 482.6 × 46.03 mm
Weight: 2.01 kg