The sE Eletronics sE5 matched pair is a set of 2 identical sE5 condenser microphones designed for true stereo recordings. Commonly used for overhead recording of drums, choirs, pianos and more.
The sE5 delivers a smooth, full-range frequency response for accurate studio recordings, and it’s rugged enough for live use as well as for daily studio session duties.
Each microphone has a versatile cardioid polar pattern with excellent on-axis response and off-axis rejection, plus a 100Hz bass cut. With its outstanding transient handling, the sE5 will be your go-to mic for acoustic stringed instruments, and its 170dB max SPL and 10/20dB pad makes it ideal for boisterous sources like drums and percussion.
This configuration also includes a precision stereo mounting bar, and the whole setup comes packaged inside a secure flight case that’s ready for the road.
- Versatile cardioid polar pattern with excellent on-axis response and off-axis rejection
- Impressive transient handling delivers great results on acoustic stringed instruments and percussion
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz; sensitivity: -34dBV/ Pa
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 14dB; signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB
- Maximum SPL: 170dB
- 100Hz bass cut
- 10/20dB pad
- Includes custom sE5 shock mounts, stereo bar, and flight case
- Requires +48V phantom power
Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
Diaphragm: 23mm Gold/Mylar
Directional Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
Impedance: 200 Ohms
Sensitivity: 19.95 mV/Pa (-34dB)
Max SPL: 139/149/159 dB (0/-10/-20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dB
Self Noise: 14 dB(A)
Pass Filter Switch: 100 Hz
Preattenuation Pad: -10/-20 dB
Matching Connectors: XLR3F
Power requirement: 48V phantom
Weight: 230g (each)