The ROLI Blocklight is a compact and versatile performance pad controller and is the central performance Block in the Blocks system. Featuring an illuminated tactile surface that enables the user to shape sounds through five dimensions of touch including strike, glide, slide, press, and lift. It builds sequencing, looping, finger drumming, and expressive control into one intuitive device.
The Lightpad Block is made up of 225 LEDs arranged in a 15×15 matrix and features a laser-etched silicone surface allowing for multidimensional performances. The fixed configuration of the pads is defined by Noise, the free iOS app, and can be configured in three modes including 2×2, 4×4, and 5×5. The Block system is also compatible with desktop applications including Roli’s equator, as well as GarageBand, Logic, Bitwig, Max and more. Connections to your iOS device or desktop computer can be made wirelessly via Bluetooth, or from a wired USB connection.
The Lightpad Block is designed to integrate with the optional Live and Loop Blocks, which provide tactile control over the most frequently used functions for quick and easy performance. The Live Block allows for switching scales and octaves, playing chords and arpeggios, and sustaining notes. The Loop Block offers control for capturing loops, layering sounds, tempo, quantization, and more.
- Portable, modular, wireless music controller for iOS
- Free NOISE app offers a wide range of sounds to explore
- Set it up to control your DAW or MIDI rig via ROLI’s Dashboard software
- Charges via USB-C and through connection to other Blocks
- Pressure-sensitive surface responds to your touch in five different ways for expressive playing
- Colorful illuminated pads for playing sounds, chords, scales, and arpeggios
- Choose sounds, add effects, record loops, and launch loops with the NOISE app
- Connects wirelessly via Bluetooth to your iPhone or iPad
- Can be expanded with control modules for enhanced performance potential
- Learn Mode teaches you how to play songs
Type: Lightpad controller
Screen: LED illuminated surface
Pads Touch: sensitive grid layout (Strike, Glide, Slide, Press, Lift)
Computer Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.0
USB Type: USB-C
Compatibility: Noise modular music app
OS Requirements: Mac iOS 9.3 or later
Power: Rechargeable via USB
Dimensions: 94.0 x 19.8 x 94.0 mm
Weight: 0.25 kg