The Mackie Thump12A2 is the next generation of powered 12″ speaker in the popular Thump series. Like its predecessor the Thump12A2 features class-leading performance and reliability with all-new designs and technology that redefine chest-thumping low-end and versatility.
Class-D amplifier with Dynamic Bass Response provides chest-thumping power
The Thump12A2 pumps out a massive amount of sound for its size. Its high-output woofer generates ample quantities of throbbing bass, and its 1.4″ titanium dome driver ensures even, wide dispersion. Ultra-efficient Class-D amplification with Mackie’s proprietary Dynamic Bass Response pushes plenty of power to the high-frequency compression driver and high-output woofer. And you don’t need to worry about damaging your speaker, thanks to the Thump12A2’s next-generation system protection and thermal limiting.
Built-in two-channel mixer offers the ultimate flexibility
Connecting your gear to the Thump12A2 is a piece of cake — its built-in two-channel mixer features Vita preamps with Wide-Z technology, so they accommodate microphone, line-level, and instrument signals. An XLR thru output makes for effortless wired connection to other Thump speakers, while flexible mounting options allow tripod- and pole-mounting, as well as stage monitor use.
Advanced features for total system optimization
The Thump12A2 divides high and low frequencies using a precision two-way crossover, while also time aligning the signals so that your audience hears low and high frequencies in sync. And you’ll always sound your best, thanks to application-specific speaker modes that optimize your system for your preferred application.
Portable design for easy setup and transport
Weighing under 14kg, the Thump12A2 is compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport. The small and portable size will ensure that you won’t need a road crew to mount it on a pole or pack it into your car. By the way, the Thump12A2 is housed in a super-tough road-ready enclosure, so don’t think that its light weight makes it fragile!
- 1,300 watts of high-output power in a portable package
- Class D amplifier with Dynamic Bass Response yields chest-thumping low end that’s ideal for DJs and electronic musicians
- 12″ low-frequency driver and 1.4″ titanium dome compression driver
- Built-in 2-channel mixer features Vita preamps with Wide-Z technology that handle mic, instrument, and line-level signals
- XLR thru output for wired connection to other Thump speakers
- Integrated precision crossover and transducer time-alignment deliver outstanding sound quality
- 4 application-specific speaker modes ensure outstanding sound quality in every situation
- Robust system protection and thermal limiting keep your system safe
- Flexible mounting options allow tripod-mounting, pole-mounting, and stage monitor use
- Compact and lightweight for easy setup and transport
- Housed in a tough, road-ready enclosure
Type: Powered Loudspeaker
Power Configuration: Bi-amped, Class D
LF Driver: 12″ woofer with ferrite magnet
HF Driver: 1.4″ HF compression driver
LF Driver Power Amp: 1000W
HF Driver Power Amp: 300W
Total Power: 1300W Peak
Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo
Outputs: 1 x XLR (mix out)
Signal Processing: 4 x voice modes
Frequency Range: 50Hz-23kHz (-10dB)
Crossover Frequency: 24 dB/octave @ 2kHz
Maximum Peak SPL: 126 dB SPL @ 1m
Enclosure: Material Polypropylene with textured black finish
Mounting Options: Pole, Floor
Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
Dimensions: 615 x 358 x 356 mm
Weight: 13.2 kg