The Korg Dolcetto Series of tuners are the latest orchestral instrument models in Korg’s AW series of clip-on tuners, which can be clipped directly to the bell or other part of an instrument for convenient tuning. The lineup now includes three new models: the Dolcetto (AW-3M), which features all-around support for large or small orchestral instruments, the Dolcetto-T (AW-3T), which is optimised for attachment to a trumpet or trombone and the Dolcetto-V (AW-3V), with a special clip and dedicated mode for violin and viola. Choose the model that’s suitable for your instrument.
The high precision and sensitivity that you expect from Korg
When it comes to clip-type tuners, you expect convenience to be emphasized more than accuracy. When it comes down to tuning easily and quickly when time is limited, like when you’re on stage, high accuracy and sensitivity are mandatory. Since creating the WT-10 – the world’s first needle-type meter tuner – in 1975, Korg has accumulated a long history in tuner development, making it uniquely able to deliver the high accuracy and sensitivity that’s provided by the Dolcetto. From a meter that responds the instant you blow into the mouthpiece, a wide detection range that precisely captures the pitch from high to low ranges and a piezo pickup that accurately detects just your own sound within the orchestra, Korg has made no compromises what so ever.
New display provides high visibility
The enhanced display, which features a new LCD meter with a high-brightness white backlight, dramatically improves visibility. The high contrast allows the meter display and text to be clearly distinguished and the wide viewing angle means that it’s easy to see from any position, ensuring smooth tuning in any environment; even on a dimly lit stage.
Durability that will stand of the test of time
Because a tuner is something that you use whenever you perform, durability is essential. The Dolcetto features a rugged design that will stand up to the inevitable impacts of performing and transportation. The battery replacement mechanism has also been improved for durability and smoothness.
Easy to use, with buttons on the front
Even though it’s an advanced tuner, the Dolcetto features a simple layout, with four buttons located on the front. This intuitive design lets you tune quicker than ever. Since it’s used most frequently, the power button has a protrusion that makes it easy to distinguish.
- Dolcetto features all-around support for large or small orchestral instruments, including a transposition function
- Metronome function
- The high precision and sensitivity that you expect from Korg
- New type of display providing superb visibility that’s both bright and readable from any angle
- High durability that stands up to impact and aging
- Easy-to-understand operation, with buttons placed on the front
- Other features
- Calibration function that supports all concert pitches
- The Auto Power-off function saves the battery even if you forget to turn off the unit.
- Memory backup function
- Scale: 12-note equal temperament
- Range (sine wave): Chromatic: A0 (27.50 Hz) – C8 (4,186 Hz)
- Precision: +/-1 cent
- Reference pitch: A4 = 410 – 480 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Transpose range: C, F, B-flat, E-flat
- Tempo range: A quarter note = 30 – 252 per a minute
- Tempo accuracy: ±0.1%
- Beat range: 0 – 5 beats, duplet, triplet
- Dimensions: 77 (W) x 69 (D) x 34 (H) mm
- Weight: 39g (including battery)
- Battery life
Tuner: Approximately 8 hours (tuner continuously operating, A4 input)
Metronome: Approximately 8 hours (Metronome continuously operating, Tempo = 120, 4 beats, Sound)