Here’s how you use it: Take the microphone you use every day on stage or in the studio and plug it into your iOS device. It’s that simple. Need Phantom Power? Flip the “Phantom Power” switch. Congratulations, you’ve just become a professional user.
This is perhaps the most important product introduction for musicians and the rest of the civilised world since the iPod and iPad. Now, thanks to the iRig Pre, you can hook your favourite microphone to your iOS device and join the mobile music revolution. Create music any time, anywhere with your own high quality microphones on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- 40 cm (15.75″) TRRS cable to connect
to any iOS device headset jack
- XLR input connector for microphones
- Gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- Headphone output
- On/Off switch
- Power/Phantom Power provided by 9V battery
- Battery life is approximately
30 hours with dynamic microphones
and 10 hours with phantom powered condenser studio microphones
- Download 2 free apps from the App Store:
– iRig Recorder FREE, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app,
– VocaLive FREE, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Frequency response: from 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 1.5dB
- Noise: -98 dB fullband, phantom power ON
- Maximum output level: 2 Vrms
- Distortion: 0.025% THD
- Phantom max current: 6mA
- Battery duration (Alkaline 9V cell): approx 30 hours when phantom is off, approx 10 hours when phantom is on