Avid Pro Tools Annual Subscription Education Edition
Avid Pro Tools Annual Subscription Education Edition takes the already mature and fully featured audio creation software into the realm of the “cloud” with all of its promises. This annual subscription model provides a cost-effective way to access Pro Tools for one year for situations where permanent ownership is not required. Additionally, the annual subscription come with a twelve-month upgrade and support plan (renewable) that ensures access to the latest enhancements, and includes future software updates and upgrades (as long as the plan is active), along with 24/7 access to Customer Care to get help whenever it’s needed.
The Industry-standard for Audio Production
Creating music with Avid Pro Tools is designed for beginners and seasoned pros alike. Its optimized audio engine is the epitome of efficiency. Its interface is as easy to use as a tape deck. And its editing is legendary. This industry-standard DAW software is loaded with innovations. Its updated MIDI features include new keyboard shortcuts, improved tools, enhanced views, and more. Track Commit and Track Freeze free up system resources during intense sessions. Improved waveform visualization powers you through big projects while layered Editing safeguards overlapped clips while you’re editing. Create quick crossfades with real-time fade manipulation. Connect with other musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers with Avid Cloud Collaboration. If you’re an audio professional, you need Avid Pro Tools.
Ultra-flexible recording, editing, and mixing environment
Avid’s Pro Tools software is the go-to DAW for countless recording studios. Most major production houses are built around it. Navigating Pro Tools is easy, thanks to its streamlined two-window interface. Every tool you need is right at your fingertips. And most advanced functions are only a click away. Forget about spending days or even weeks getting to know the program. With Pro Tools software, you just dive in and establish the workflow that best meets your needs.
Loaded with powerful MIDI tools for in-the-box music creation
Pro Tools is the industry’s premiere recording and editing tool, and thanks to recent advancements, it’s a MIDI powerhouse, too. MIDI Input Display shows you notes and chords as you play them on a MIDI controller. MIDI merge enhancements permit seamless merging of new and existing MIDI CC automation. MIDI editing is faster than ever, allowing you to use the left and right arrow keys to move to the next or previous MIDI note. Beyond that, new keyboard shortcuts, tools, and views make working with MIDI in Pro Tools effortless.
Free up your system with Track Commit and Track Freeze
Pro Tools Track Commit prints your tracks, processing and all, to free up resources. And you can print from any insert point in its signal path. Say you have a vocal track with pitch correction and a channel strip. You can print a copy of the tuned vocal without including the other processing. This allows you to continue tweaking the channel strip as you mix. Or you can print all the processing, freeing up DSP resources.
Track Freeze frees up DSP by rendering your entire track on-the-fly. If your track doesn’t need further editing, this is a great way to maximize resources. It even works on auxiliary tracks and multi-output virtual instruments! Like Track Commit, you can freeze a track, up to and including, any insert point in its signal path. Activate Track Freeze from the Tracks menu, right-click menu, or snowflake icon. Unfreeze it the same way. A Freeze Status Icon shows if tracks are frozen, and can globally freeze and unfreeze tracks.
Education editions are for Students enrolled in a music industry related course, and teachers/instructors teaching a music industry related course.
Please Note: Avid will require proof on entitlement during the registration & activation process.
- Industry-standard Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) software for Mac and PC
- MIDI Input Display shows notes and chords as you play them on a MIDI controller
- MIDI merge enhancements include seamless merging of newly performed and existing MIDI CC automation
- MIDI clips turn red during recording, blurring the distinction between MIDI and audio
- Use the left and right arrow keys to move to the next or previous MIDI note for super-fast MIDI editing
- Scroll to Track allows you to identify a track by name and scroll to it
- Batch Rename command for Tracks and Clips
- Powerful audio engine provides superior memory management
- Track Commit and Track Freeze free up system resources during intense sessions
- Improved waveform visualization powers you through big projects
- Layered Editing prevents you from losing overlapped clips while editing
- Real-time fade manipulation for creating quick crossfades
- Send fully overlapped clips to a new or existing playlist while editing and/or while recording
- Grid Toggle function makes flipping between Grid and Slip modes easy
- Tandem Trimming enables trimming the start and end of two adjacent clips simultaneously
- Clip Overwrite Indicator alerts you when you move an audio clip so that it fully overlaps a smaller off-screen clip
- Soundbase uses tags to make locating audio files and loops easy
- Faster-than-real-time bounce to disk streamlines your workflow and frees up resources
- Unified media engine natively supports multiple HD video formats
- Smooth collaboration with Avid Media Composer and other media-production workflows
- Workspace Browser makes project navigation fast and simple
- Simple keyboard commands disable and enable sends and inserts
- Capture automation while recording audio
- Utilize up to 128 tracks at 44.1/48kHz and up to 32 channels of simultaneous I/O
- Take advantage of over 70 bundled plug-in processors, effects, and virtual instruments
- Automatic delay compensation provides tight mixing with minimal phase issues
- Multitrack Beat Detective and Elastic Audio correct timing across all of your tracks
- Score Editor and MIDI Editor provide comprehensive composing capabilities
- Mix various audio file types and formats in a single session without format conversion
- Create flawless performances using simple track compositing functions
- Clip Gain provides dynamic volume flexibility and increases integration with Media Composer
- Mute and Solo visual indicators and Bus Interrogation provide a clear view of signal flow
- Full support for Artist Series and other EUCON-equipped control surfaces
- Low-latency monitoring with Core Audio and ASIO hardware delivers smoother tracking
- Read/record from flash drives, RAID systems, network-attached drives, and server storage
- Functions such as Export Selected Tracks as New Session make collaboration easy
- OMF/AAF/MXF interchange support plus included
- Export support for MP3 files, iTunes, and SoundCloud also included
- Full-time code support with feet and frames rulers and 24-hour timeline support
- Avid Cloud Collaboration for connecting and collaborating
- 1 year of software updates, bonus plug-ins, and Standard Support
Software Type: DAW software
Platform: Mac, PC
Upgrade/Full: Full with Upgrade Plan
Bit Depth: 64-bit
Format: AAX Native 64
- Mac: Intel Core i5 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- PC: Intel Core i5 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- Mac: OS X 10.11.6 or later
- PC: Windows 8.1 or later