Apogee JAM 96k
The Apogee JAM 96k is a compact tool for digitally recording your guitar, bass, or indeed, any stringed instrument with a pickup. Capable of capturing audio in up to 96 kHz/24-bit resolution, it connects directly to your Mac or Windows computer. It features a 1/4″ input for your instrument and a USB jack for connection to the computer. The circuit design of the JAM 96k emulates the tone of a tube amp, providing a warm sonic quality for your instrument.
The interface has plug-and-play operation, and is powered by your computer, thus requiring no batteries or external power source. Designed to work with GarageBand and Logic Pro, the JAM 96k will also work with any Core Audio compatible application on your Mac, and any program that makes use of Window’s ASIO4ALL driver. You can monitor your levels with the multicolor LED. A USB cable is included.
Capture Your Guitar’s Tone
Capture the nuances of your guitar’s tone with digital purity using this simple ‘take-anywhere’ device, which communicates directly to your Mac or Windows computer, and boasts a discrete, Class A input for punchy, tube-like tone.
Lots of Gain
With up to 40 dB of gain, you’ll have more than enough headroom to record your guitar.
Works with Logic, GarageBand & More
JAM 96k is built for GarageBand, Logic Pro, or any Core Audio or ASIO4ALL compatible application.
For Many Kinds of Guitars
Designed for electric guitar, bass, and acoustic instruments with a pickup.
Intuitive Control & LED
A control knob allows for input level adjustment, while a multicolor LED gives you status indication and input level monitoring.
- 24-bit/96kHz digital conversion provides studio-quality sound
- Designed to provide high-quality sound for electric guitar and bass
- With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Works with any Core Audio or ASIO4ALL compatible application
- Studio quality instrument preamp with external control knob delivers up to 40dB of gain
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring lets you keep an eye on your levels
- Auto Soft Limit provides optimal input level without clipping
- Powered by USB connection – no batteries or external power needed
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
Computer Connectivity: USB
Form Factor: Pocket
Simultaneous I/O: 1 x 0
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/4″
Number of Preamps: 1
Bus Powered: Yes