We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated purchasing officer for a part-time position at our Dandenong Head Office!
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing international shipments, raising purchase orders ordering from local suppliers and maintaining inventory levels.
- Manage and follow up overseas and local suppliers orders.
- Arrange and co-ordinate shipments to ensure levels of stock are set at suitable levels.
- Responsible for local and overseas freight costs and invoices.
- Maintain, complete and update purchasing records including up-to-date costs.
- Handling all claims to suppliers for defective, shortage, missing items.
- Prepare information to accounts department for payment of accounts and invoices.
- Assist and report all matters relating to compliance.
- Track and monitor orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Various reporting to supervisors on a regular basis.
- Time management skills
- Monday – Friday 10am – 3.30pm.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent computer skills
- APICS qualifications
- Minimum purchasing officer experience of 8 years
- Advanced Excel, Word and Forecasting Software skills
This exciting opportunity may lead to permanent position for the right candidate!
If you’re looking for a new exciting challenge APPLY NOW!
Expressions of interest, including a CV and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.